Monday, April 30
It's Monday, but oddly enough I'm kind of glad that the weekend...and April, is over. April was a pretty sucky month for me overall, and I am going to welcome May with open arms!
It was cold and rainy over the weekend, and of course it was the weekend for our annual neighborhood garage sale. I always think that they plan it too early for the Midwest because the weather is chancy at this time of year for us. One day, or more, it always rains, and it's cold....I'm so glad it's over with. Especially this year. Family members have decided that since my garage sales usually do well because of the amount of traffic due to the neighborhood sale, that they would rather just put it all in mine. Which was fine in years past when they helped...that is until they've gotten lazy. As in, basically dropping off their stuff and expecting me to do all of the prep work, the setup, manning the sale, taking it all down, and then showing up to collect their money. Not cool.
AND to top it all off, this year I had people who bought things on one day, then came back the next day and wanted to return it for their money back. Not because their was anything wrong with the stuff...they just changed their mind, or the clothing was the wrong size. Can you believe that! I'm not a retail store. It. is. a. garage. sale. I wouldn't think I would have to say it, but next year, if I do it at all, I'm going to have to put up a All Sales are Final sign. I mean really, what is the world coming to when you have to put up no smoking signs, all sales are final signs at a garage sale...what will be next....legal disclaimers on hand written receipts? *Sigh* I'm just glad it's all over and done with.
One bright spot to my weekend....Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn. A friends to lovers story that I loved! A friend from an online chat recommended the second book in this series, Rock Me, to me a while back and I read it right away and I really loved it(and has a hero that is pierced in some interesting places). This weekend I finally got around to reading the first book (Unleashed). I think I might have found a new favorite contemporary erotic romance author in Ms. Lynn. She has a freebie that is related to Unleashed on her website, Barely Leashed, that I plan to read next. The hero in Unleashed is a lawyer, which is why this week's Muse is Mark Valley, who plays a lawyer on the TV show Harry's Law. Don't you just love a man in a suit? (and yes, I think his birthday suit counts too, LOL).
What about you? How was your April and what are you looking forward to in May?
This week at Seductive Musings:
- Monday: I'll have winners from any outstanding giveaways
- Tuesday: Erotic Romance author Jessica Clare will be my guest to share her new book The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting...now this I gotta see :)
- Wednesday: Historical Romance author Grace Burrowes is gracing us with her presence to share her new book Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal
- Thursday: Since we've been in the present, and the past, on Thursday we'll spend some time in the future with Lauren Dane's new Futuristic Erotic Romance, Captivated. And if I have time I will post Andrea's review of Captivated.
- Friday: I'll post some more reviews.
- Tempting Trailer: This week's Tempting Trailer is for Mary Balogh's new release The Proposal. I have a confession to make. Despite Mary Balogh being a romance legend....I've never read one of her books. Not a single one. I mean, she's a legend for a reason, right? So, why am I not more excited about reading one of her books? I honestly don't have an answer to that.